Sophisticated WordPress pop-up plugin which provides full layout control, works with any auto-responder service and stops pestering readers after they sign-up.
- You can use MyInstantPopUp with ANY autoresponder!
- Create/Edit Pop-Up’s Contents in HTML
- Define The Look, Width, Height, Colors, Borders, etc of the popup window
- Set variables to tell the popup when to appear, such as first time visitor, only on home page, only on sales page, etc.
- Tested for maximum compatibility with other themes and plugins
Uploading To Server:
- BACK UP YOUR WORDPRESS DATABASE!
It is always good practice to make regular backups when installing new plugins!
- Download Blogging Toolbox to your Desktop or other easily accessible place on your computer.
- Locate your downloaded file and extract the contents. Be sure to retain directory structure exactly as it is within the zipped file.
- Next, Upload BloggingToolBox to your ‘ /wp-content/plugins/ ‘ directory using your favorite FTP program.
Activating The Plug-In:
- First, you will need to log in with your admin name and password to the WordPress installation where you uploaded Blogging Toolbox
- Once in the admin, navigate to “Plugins” [[[MyInstantBox-Navigate To Plugins Example]]]
- Click “Activate” below “Blogging Toolbox“
- Navigate to the bottom of your left side admin menu and look for “Blogging Toolbox” [[[MyInstantBox-Blogging Toolbox Admin Button]]]
- When you arrive at this screen, you’ll see a registration box, you’ll need to fill in your name and email address to activate the plugin. Below the name and email form, you’ll see check boxes beside the various plugins included in Blogging Toolbox, check all the ones you wish to enable. [[[MyInstantBox-Blogging Toolbox Registration Example]]]
We will never share your information with anyone! We use this information to inform you of updates and maintain your purchased license within our system.
- Once you click “Activate Selected” at the bottom of the page, you’ll receive an email to the address you specified in the field. In this email, will be a link to activate your 30 Day Free Trial! Click the link and you’ll be directed to MyInstantPlugins.com. [[[MyInstantBox-Activate Selected Button Example]]]
- Now your installation of Blogging Toolbox is active, return to your website and click “Reload My Licensing Info” at the bottom of the page. [[[MyInstantBox-Reload License Button Example]]]
You can update your license information at any time by changing your name and email address and clicking “Update Info” at the bottom of the page
- You’re Done! It’s time to get using Blogging Toolbox!
MyinstantPopUp has multiple definable settings. To access these settings, click on “MyinstantPopUp” under Blogging Toolbox on the left admin menu in your WordPress Install.
Settings Include The Following:
- Popup Width
Set this setting to the maximum width of your popup window. Default is ‘400px’
- Popup Height
This setting controls the overall maximum height of the popup window. Default is ‘400px’
NOTE: If the content inside the popup exceeds the set values in the above 2 fields, there will be scroll bars present to navigate the content.
- Border Width
Set this setting to the maximum width of your popup window’s border. Default is ‘5px’
- Border Color
This setting controls the color of the border around the popup window. Default is ‘orange’. You can supply any HEX# for a color.
- Background Color
This is the color of the popup window’s background. Default is ‘white’, but can be set to any HEX#
This sets the darkness of the background BEHIND the popup window. The popup window will darken the page contents when it is opened to give total focus to the popup window and its contents.
- Delay Before Show
This sets the time until the popup displays for new visitors. Default is ‘5’ seconds.
- Show After Each
This allows you to set how many days to show the pop-up until a visitor has subscribed. The default is ‘5’
- Maximum Number of Times
This allows you to set how many times the pop-up will display in total. The default is ‘0’ which will always show the popup until subscribed.
- Popup Contents
This is the content area of the popup, can be HTML or use the Visual Editor to fill in.
- Thank You Page URL
Set this field to the ‘Thank You’ page of your autoresponder. This is how the popup will track signups.
- Don’t Show This Again
Toggle this option to show the link on the popup window to halt the popup. This will disable the popup from showing for that visitor again.
- Don’t Show Powered By Link
This disables the “Powered By” link at the bottom of the window. (Pro Version Only)
- Display Options
Set where the popup will display. No Where, Home Page Only, All Pages
Getting Started With MyInstantPopUp
Note: This guide assumes you have basic WordPress usage knowledge. If you’re new to WordPress, please see our video walkthroughs located here to get a little more familiar with the interface and features.
- To utilize the functionality of MyinstantPopUp, first you’ll need to make sure the Blogging Toolbox is enabled on your site.
- Once Blogging Toolbox is active, and you’re logged in as a user with publishing / editing privileges on your WordPress site, you’ll navigate to “Blogging Toolbox” on the left side of your admin menu, and select “MyinstantPopUp”
- To modify and set up your popup click on “MyinstantPopUp” under Blogging Toolbox on the left admin menu in your WordPress Install.
- Set the variables in each section, see above “Configuration” for more explanation on the different options.
- Enter your Autoresponder code or other content into the “Popup Content” text area. You can toggle the use of WordPress’ built in WYSIWYG editor by clicking “Switch to Visual Editor”.
- When all settings are correct, click “Update”
NOTE: For testing purposes, we’ve created a drop-down item next to ‘Update’ that resets the ‘cookie’ for the admin user to test how the popup functions under different conditions. If for some reason you’re attempting to test the popup and it doesn’t display for you, select ‘Reset’ from the drop-down and click ‘Update’ . This will reset your cookie and enable you to see the popup again.