Work In Progress. Instructions Valid For Version 1.2.7
Quick Start Guide:
This quick start guide assumes your theme is installed and ready to configure.
If you’re looking for instructions for downloading, installing or registering the theme, please select the appropriate section below for a more detailed instructions.
When the theme is activated for the first time it will generate the default looks, colors and text styles. This is designed to give a fully functional platform in which to build from.
You will most certainly want to start customizing to make the site unique and fit your brand, so let’s get started!
(Click The Topic Below To Get More Information)
Where To Download MyInstantTheme For Business
You can always find the latest version of the theme at: http://myinstantblog.com/latest
If you have previously purchased MyInstantTheme For Business – You can log into http://myinstantblog.com/ with your account info to access all of your currently active licensed products to upgrade, download, and receive support.
How To Install MyInstantTheme For Business
The WordPress Dashboard Method:
- Log Into Your WordPress Dashboard.
- Click ‘Appearance’
- Click ‘Themes’
- Click ‘Install Theme Tab’
- Click ‘Upload’
- Click ‘Browse’ A new window will appear, locate the theme zip file you downloaded to your computer and select it here.
- Click ‘Install Now’
The FTP Upload Method:
- Log in to your website host via FTP using you preferred FTP client.
- In your FTP client navigate to the ‘/wp-content/themes/’ folder.
- Locate the MyInstantThemeB.zip file on your computer. Extract It. 4. Upload the entire contents of the ZIP file to ‘/wp-content/themes/’
Activate The Theme On Your Site:
Now that the theme has been uploaded by either the WordPress Dashboard or FTP Method, we need to activate it.
- Return to the WordPress Dashboard and click ‘Appearance‘
- Click on ‘Themes‘
- Next, look under ‘Available Themes’ and click “Activate‘ under MyInstantTheme For Business.
How To Register and Activate a License
- Click “MyInstantTheme For Business” in the left column of your WordPress Dashboard.
- Next you’ll need to fill in the form which includes your First Name, Last Name and Email Address.
It is very important that if you’ve purchased MyInstantTheme For Business to use the same email address you used during the time of purchase. This will enable the license you purchased to be applied to this site.
- Once the form has been filled out and submit, you’ll see a confirmation.
If you do not immediately see the theme settings and options after submitting the form, please click “MyInstantTheme For Business” on the left side menu to reload the page.
Troubleshooting Step: If you still do not see the theme admin and options after following the steps above. Please click “MyInstantTheme For Business” in the left menu, verify your First Name, Last Name and Email Address are correct in the form, then click “Update Registration Details”.
Further issues, questions or inquiries about getting the theme activated or if you do not see the settings and options, please open a support ticket here: http://myinstantblog.com/support/
Overview of Theme Admin & Options
MyInstantTheme for Business offers many options for customization from simple header and logo changes, to complete layout alterations. Each section of the site is broken into tabs.
These tabs represent the basic configuration steps in a logical order, starting with “General Settings”, in which developing and setting up a new look should be followed.
Built right into the theme are various tools and help sections which further define and outline what specific fields and settings can change, what terminology means, or just simply explains what to do if you encounter an issue!
Be on the look out for ‘What Is This Section’ icons throughout the admin screens. Clicking these will open dialog and areas on the page that will help identify and complete various configuration sections of the theme.
Advanced User Sections:
Much like the “What Is This Section?” above, there are other elements in the theme admin to place close attention to. Sections marked with the red exclamation point offer additional advanced options, functions and configurations. These items when clicked open additional settings panels for advanced features such as “BuddyPress” integration, Custom CSS, Custom Header / Footer includes, etc.
Throughout the admin, there will be numerous sections to tweak and alter color of various theme elements. The theme has a built in color selector which can be accessed by clicking the appropriate text field.
The theme admin also employs direct color HEX code usage. If you know your specific color’s HEX code, simply type it into the text field and the field will display the chosen color! (For Example: #000000 is HEX for Black)
Where ever a green arrow is seen, denotes a location that a graphic or relevant file can be uploaded. The green arrow uses the built in WordPress Media Uploader and Media Library for content. It is important to note, that you need to place the URL of the image or file directly into the text field. The ‘Insert Into Post’ option will not auto-populate the field when used. Common locations you’ll find upload options are Headers, Logos, Favions and Bullets.
Saving Your Changes:
At the bottom of each section, you’ll see a box containing a green “Save Settings” button, as well as a red “Reset All Settings To Theme Default”. As you complete each tabbed section it is a good idea to “Save Settings” to retain any changes made before moving on to the next section.
Configuring Your Header
- Text Based Header With Right Side (468px) Widget Area – This option is for a text based header, which will use the site’s name and slogan with a 468px wide widget area on the right side.
- Custom Logo Header With (468px) Widget Area – You can upload your own custom logo below. This should be limited to 550px wide by whatever header height you specified below. This will replace the site’s name and slogan, but allow you to use your own company or personal logo and specify title and alt tags for SEO benefit. This uses the same widget specifications as above.
- Full Width Text Header With No Widget Area – This option omits use of the widget area and extends the sites name and slogan full width on the header.
- Full Width Graphical Header With No Widget Area – Allows you to use your full 1020px width for a graphic. Height is based on your selection below.
- Full Width Widget Header (1020px) – This will allow you to use a full width widget area in your header! You can add content using the “Primary Header Banner” widget area in the WordPress Widget Admin.
- Custom Logo Header with (728px) Widget Area – This is designed to allow a ‘leaderboard’ banner advertisement on the top right side of the site. With this, you can upload a 220px wide logo using the options below.